Sunday 6 July 2014

The Wordsmith.



The Wordsmith

I think I'll write a poem a wordsmith I will be,
But what the heck to write about has put me all at sea,
So I thought that I would Google the different types of verse,
I think that was a bad idea, it made my thought block worse,
I found that verse was graded into many different kinds,
It seemed it was dependant on the rhyming of the lines,
In Descriptive poems you visualise the objects of your verse,
But writing in Reflective mode your thoughts are more diverse,
The poem in the Narrative vein has a story it must tell,
Whilst Odes entwine a person  or an object in its spell,
The Ballard it is musical and has a certain rhythm,
The Lyric like the Ballard is tuneful,short in vision,
Now Shakespeare he wrote Sonnets in a very special way,
Whilst melancholic Elegy's were the forte of Mr Grey,
And last of all the Limerick  made up of lines times five,
And naughty verse has sometimes made this latter one survive,
With all these different kinds of verse my brain cells start to twirl,
 I don't know which one I will choose, to write my poetic pearl,
After hours of  fruitless thinking I still have a writer's block
My brain cells decommissioned like a ship that's in dry dock!

Ted Morgan,

No comments:

Post a Comment