Monday 7 July 2014

Snails

snails
 
 
 

I can’t get rid of the snails, Ted

They are things that I really hate

They just give a cheer when I put out the beer

And throw them over the gate.

They seem to just love the slug pellets

And slide swiftly over the gritty sand

The snails I have in my garden

Must be the most stubborn ones in the land

They eat all the plants I have planted

They hide up during the day

To add to my plight, they come out at night

And wander wherever they may

I’ve watched them – they move like racehorses

Everyone said they were slow

But they climb up the wall like an athlete

I’ve watched them – and so I should know.

I can’t get rid of the snails Ted

So I wait by the door with a gun

They are so flaming quick, they are taking the mick

So I’ll shoot them - each flaming  one.
 
Ann Redburn

No comments:

Post a Comment